Sunday 18 March 2012

Bitter-sweet!

Wow, it's been a week since I have last updated you on our journey!  Well, we arrived in Siem Reap safe and sound !  It's a wonderful and incredible city, full of so much excitement!  We bought a 3 day pass to Angkor Wat and explored the ancient ruins!  Angkor Wat is the most famous tourist attraction in the world!!!!! Generating, 7-8,000 people a day, that's 2 million people a year that visit the temples! They were a sight for sure!  Exploring these took up most of our days, which allowed us to relax in the evenings of the infamous "pub street" - the touristy backpacker alley!  $0.50 beers, need I say more!  Most evening we would also treat ourselves to a foot massage for half n hour, costing $2 ! Spoiled or what!  Friday, was an unfortunate night, which led to me catching a violent flu bug, let's just say the bathroom was where I slept all night!  It was an awful 2 days because the next day we proceeded to ride on a bus for 12 hours!!  But we made it, and are now in Sihanoukville, Cambodia's beautiful coast, filled with some of the nicest beaches I have ever seen.  I have never felt the sun this hot before in my life, which ended up with me getting a nasty nasty burn.  The ocean is also the temperature that I would run a bath in Kelowna in the winter ..crazy or what!  Sorry for the short message, but I hope to update you all later when we arrive in Phenom Pen ! Lots of love !! Keep praying !! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment